Name: Joëll (Kana: ジョエル)
Age: Young adult
Height: 175cm (5’9″)
Weight: Not a lot
Birthday: March 2
Likes: Blood, skateboarding, sports, loud music, romance
Dislikes: Garlic, too much sunlight, evil people
Personality: Joëll is a vampire who is rebellious, but kind. Secretly cries at romantic movies. Somewhat of a himedanshi (male yuri fan). Tends to underestimate himself quite a bit.
All of Joëll’s voicebanks can be downloaded from the button below, including those not (yet) listed underneath. However, relevant information, samples and specific download links are listed below for clarity.
General voice type
Reminiscent of a teenage boy or young adult male. His voicer is female, which might affect his tone somewhat. Overall however, he sounds serviceable.
- 5-mora VCV voicebank with CV aliases.
- Combination of tri-pitch (F3, C4, F4 (DayWalker, SharpTooth)) and monopitch (F3 (MidNight); no discernible pitch (NightMare, BeatBox)).
- Contains the following voicetypes:
- DayWalker (core; no suffix)
- MidNight (soft; _弱; monopitch)
- SharpTooth (rock/visual kei; _鋭)
- NightMare (death growl/screamo; _唸; CV only)
- BeatBox (beatbox/drum samples; no suffix)
- Also contains glottal stops by placing an apostrophe before a vowel or between vowel transitions, e.g. [- ‘あ], [a ‘あ].
- NightMare contains crossfade vowels by placing an askerisk (with a space) before a vowel , e.g. [* あ_唸].
- It’s recommended to use SharpTooth in the C4 octave and up.
- It’s recommended to use MidNight in the C3 octave and below.
- BeatBox can also be used in a DAW of choice.
- The CV oto entries are available in both hiragana and romaji, the VCV oto entries only in hiragana.
- It’s recommended to use VCV for the voices that support it, if one has the knowledge to do so.
- Since this voicebank was voiced by a woman, it might not always have a satisfactory masculine tone. Feel free to use g+ flags if necessary.
- Monopitch (F3) English VCCV voicebank.
- Recorded with Cz’s English VCCV reclist, with some extra samples to make usage easier.
- Only “Core” voice type present.
- Based on General American pronunciation.
- Best used in the C3 octave and below.
- While the creator of this voicebank considers herself fluent in English, she’s not a native speaker, so the bank might have somewhat of a foreign accent.
- Also, since this voicebank was voiced by a woman, it might not always have a satisfactory masculine tone. Feel free to use g+ flags if necessary.